Universal System for Powder Pigment Metering
Idea for Development
Finke Metering Technology based in Detmold/Germany set a goal many years ago to develop a compact dispensing system for powder pigments, which would be used for all applications in the concrete industry. This system would have the advantage of improved metering accuracy combined with ease of handling and dust free process. The target was to provide customers with cost saving benefits, which could be achieved by using more economical powder pigments instead of granular or semi free flowing pigments.
The system was designed for batch weighing combined with pneumatic transfer to meter and discharge Iron Oxide pigments, Chrome Oxide pigments and Titanium Dioxide pigments in powder form into one or two concrete mixer(s). The product specification was to design a system with high weighing accuracy and high-speed transfer of powder pigments, which had to be virtually dust-free, therefore minimizing waste and providing for a cleaner working environment.
The first metering system for powder pigments designed for 4 colors to serve 2 mixers was installed in a concrete plant at the Lintel Group. Due to the trouble-free operation, 3 more powder metering systems were installed at this customer.
- High efficiency due to the use of cost-effective powder pigments
- Maximum flexibility through the use of either powder or granulated pigments
- Less dependent due to a multitude number of powder pigment vendors versus fewer granular pigment suppliers
- Reduction of inventory through additive metering
- High weighing accuracy combined with high speed metering shortens cycle times resulting in greater efficiency
- Operational reliability by means of high-quality technology together with long-time experience in this industry
- Nearly dust-free pigment processing via patented self-contained system
- Flexible installation at ground level for easy setup and pigment replenishment
- Short setup times due to completely pre-assembled system
The Universal System is patented in the USA, Canada and Europe.
As part of the 50th BetonTage, Finke Metering Technology received the innovation award from the concrete components supplier industry for the new development of a new powder pigment metering system.
The system was tested in practice for over a year before the universal system was presented internationally at the Big 5 trade fair in Dubai and the World of Concrete in Las Vegas.